Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My second wedding cake...just finished!

I chose pink and white for this Valentine's day wedding cake.

This is only my second wedding cake and I still need more practice perfecting the details.

I used to decorate wedding cakes many years ago. I prefer making these tiny ones for my Le Petit Bakery so much more....less mess.

The separator pillars are Dum Dum sucker sticks. Most of the work was done with my tiny round, flower and heart cutters. For the lace, I pressed a piece of lace into the clay. I need to work on that technique more.

Until I make my next cake, this one will go in the front window of my bakery.

Some of my favorite cakes are from Blue Kitty Miniatures on Etsy, Miniatures by Rachel on Etsy, and Kim's Miniatures.

6 comments:

kimsminiatures said...

Wonderful....I love it. Your blog is very nice. I look forward to following it. Mini hugs!

Debbie said...

What a lovely Wedding Cake. Fantastic work...
Mini Hugs

Kewpie said...

Beautiful work, I hope you don't mind but I have added you to my list of blogs that I am following... I look forward to seeing more cakes :)

CA Verstraete said...

Oh love it! I wish I could make cakes like this! I'll have to practice. Those both are very pretty! Can't wait to see your shop!

Donna Hager said...

Thank you for all of your kind comments on my wedding cake.
I guess because I made it, I can see the flaws and know what I have to improve on.
The thing is when I was working on it, I thought it looked great. When I took the photo and published it, I could see where I need to improve.
Thanks for following my blog!

rosanna said...

Love the cake, love the bakery and the nursery and I think that the name of your blog is just great.
there is never enough time to do all the things we like but we make our best with what we've got.I have joined yoyr followers if you don't mind: i'm curious to know how it will go on. Rosanna